Tuesday 5 October 2010

My Design Process

I now understand my timetable so it's not just a bunch of rooms & groups. My course consists of 2 modules design practise 1 ( for first half year dp2 in second half) in which we have modules & seminars. We are split into 3 groups the first half of the year consisting of Animation, Interactive Space & Film. We do each for 3 weeks and then change. I am in group 2 so atm I am studying Intercative Space. The other module is Context in which we also have lectures & seminars.

To help with my context module, im showing my use of the design process, using my final project from my A Level Media Studies. My final piece was an advert for my own product - Amo Tu Vida - a fragrance para ell (for her) (para ill for him)

Just like I am now, I blogged all my thoughts and process of the project, I could also see my peers blogs and give feedback to them. Websites such as scribd, slideshare and word cloud allowed us me present my ideas in a unique style of presentation rather than just plain blogs. My first steps were to research into other adverts and get ideas from the generic conventions for male and female adverts i.e characters used, colours & music used. As well as researching youtube clips I also asked my target market what they would like to see in a advert for fragrance they would buy. I could then take their ideas & base it on my own work, knowing that the audience would enjoy it & buy the product which at the end of the day is what an advert is there to do.

After I had generated ideas, I needed to bring my them all together into a storyboard which I could then follow when filming & not make it up as I went along. We were told we had to design our storyboard on the computer which was a little annoying as I felt I could have produced a better storyboard if I had drawn it.

My adverts were only 30 seconds long each in total but when recording I had around 45 minutes of footage which allowed me to try different ideas when editing on Apple iMovie. iMovie aloud me to split clip at playhead so I could split the shot into two shots, extract audio, change the speed of clips, reverse clips, add text and other special effects. The camera I used was called NG-VS 1220 panasonic. Although the camera’s weren't in great condition they still did the job of allowing me to film many shots to then upload to iMovie. It caused difficultly when filming the male advert as the camera went dead so I then had to carry on filming the next day, but the lighting effects were totally different on the cameras so I had to scrap it and start all over.

I would then go on to evaluate my project - using many methods such as an essay, dvd, powerpoints & voice overs.

The Final Product:










I also did others tasks that contributed towards final grades... A Tv Sponsership for example the mars advert for "Friends" - Amo Tu Vida sponsered America's Next Top Model









& a Radio Advertisment :)  I created the music for all 4 projects :)




No comments:

Post a Comment