Monday 17 January 2011

Theme & Moodboard

I had the first intial idea to create my haunted house animation based for young children with the theme of halloween. The scares would be props such as witches, pumpkins and ghosts.


The track could go through the mouth of the pumpkin with flashing lights to create the idea of it looking like a candle burning.


Witches on broomsticks could be flying over head whilst the cart is moving.


Ghosts are a common theme of halloween and most children will find ghosts spooky and associate them with the theme.

The name of "Trick Or Treat" could work well.

I then however, decided that the theme of halloween may not work that well for a haunted house due to the event only happening once a year. Children do enjoy halloween but it may seem a bit of a pointless ride to have apart from in the month of october.

I then had the idea of perhaps changing the audience to an older generation such as teenagers / young adults as I could have more of a "scarier" theme such as vampires, dracula etc.

I came up with the theme of death/murder and my ride would somehow tell the story through the 3 rooms of the lead up to the murder, the death and the graveyard. When thinking about names I had "The Dead Reunion" "Death" and maybe including something and "red" which connocates with blood and danger.

I created a moodboard for both halloween and death theme as the death theme would mean creating skeletons and deathly people on 3dsmax which could be really difficult so will ask Roma and my tutor Andy which idea would work best.

Halloween Theme Moodboard:



Death/Murder Theme Moodboard:

No comments:

Post a Comment