Monday 1 November 2010

Tv Ident Ideas

Decided to start researching ideas for my tv ident animation..

The fact that it has to be based on my twitter, blogger and facebook rolled into one makes the topic very easy to create around.. me :)

My blog is very pink & feminine and decided this is how I want to portray myself in my ident too. When looking at the bbc idents ( on previous blog ) the problem is that bbc is a very general tv station male, females, young, old, gay, straight. So to give me some ideas I thought of tv channels that are aimed at women so I could have a look at the idents they use. For example living tv has programmes such as Americas Next Top Model, Dating In The Dark & Four Weddings. Here is the link to the website.. www.livingtv.co.uk

By looking at idents aimed at women it would give me ideas on how to make my ident feminine.



I absolutely love some of these such as the balloons lifting the "living" text. The colours offset well together, white text with bright coloured balloons. The ones with the light shining on them to create a shadow are quite simple but effective to look at. The lanterns are very girly and have a warm feel to the ident which I like. The slow motion of the text being blown apart is really good & interesting as an audience to watch however the fact it's being blown up & quite full of action goes against the convention of being feminine as such although it does work well. The glass shattering and revealing another laver is possibly my favourite & may have to ask Andy if this would be possible to do on 3dsmax.



This was a link when looking at living tv idents, never heard of diva tv but I enjoy some of the idents such as the first one which is very simple and attracts the audience due to the fact it has the main colour of pink standing out. I love love love the wine glass one & would want to do this on my ident! The liquid in the glass swaying around is quite calming and makes you want a glass of wine to sit down with for the programme. The spinning paint brushes are good but I don't like DIY in anyway what so ever so couldn't apply it to me :)

Diva idents are different to the living ones in which the text is quite small & focus more on the design / colours. Living Tv bases the ident around the text which takes up the tv screen. I think I prefer this in which you can work around the text of the ident.

On the living tv idents I do really like the one where the woman is in fancy dress with crazy make up on a swing for one of the letters. I can't use people in mine but I like the text used which is white but when you see the side in 3d it's crystals / diamonds & I love this effect!

I think i'm just going to keep the text simple of my name or intials - HTF with a heart. I want to use glitter / diamond / crystal text if possible with a pink shading background. I like the idea of using balloons to lift the text or maybe shattering text/screen. I don't really have an idea about sound yet as we haven't been told about it and what we are and not aloud to use for example if its not aloud to be copyright.

The genre for my ident is aimed at females & I think it will hopefully attract the audience as as feminine person I know what will work. ( I hope haha )

Semiotics is in which the signs relate to what the audience sees. For example seeing my pink ident will semantically mean to the audience that they are watching that tv station. ( I think?! )

Tropes from what I can understand is what TV writers, actors & directors use to control the audiences outlook. Tropes are often used to show fiction, which helps us to not just focus on the reality in life, which is why people think badly about different tropes they have seen.

These are tutorials to help me when i'm on 3dsmax so I can always look at them :)





No comments:

Post a Comment