Friday 12 November 2010

Animation 300 Word Rationale Lalalaaa

Outline of my tv ident animation.

Over the past 3 weeks I had the task to create a 30 second animation of a tv ident using 3d Studio Max. The ident was based on myself for example your facebook, twitter or something about you, which then merged together to create an ident for your own TV station.
I did find the software difficult to grasp in the first week & it didnt help that I missed a seminar due to a driving test so I watched online tutorials which did help alot & found it a little easier to use when I had familiarised myself with the software. We were shown examples & inspiration ideas from the bbc idents but I wanted something that was more feminine as BBC has a wide ranged audience.
I researched into Living Tv idents as this is a tv station aimed at females. I found a youtube video with many living idents ( on previous post on blog) in which I got many ideas from. From researching and developing some inspiration, I came up with a few designs that I designed. Some ideas wouldn't work due to my ability of skills using 3dsMax, but I had a basic idea which I thought would work well.
To make my ident relate to me I simply used my name Hollie and although I did want a heart as the "o" in my name I had to change it to a star as i couldn't make a heart on the software. My text was bright pink to represent the femimine side of me with a white background to contrast the bright text. Most people decided to have a character in their animation although I found it quite tricky to make one on the software. I decided to have balloons lifting the "o" in my name which was shaped as a star to reach the other letters of my name floating in the air by balloons.
I used the "bomb" effect on the balloons to make them pop and the letters fall, except the star which floated back down. I then added sound using Adobe Premiere Pro. Sound was important for my animation to get the effect of the balloons popping.
The genre for my ident is aimed at females & I think it will hopefully attract the audience as as feminine person I have done what I know what will work. Semiotics is in which the signs relate to what the audience sees. For example seeing my pink ident will semantically mean to the audience that they are watching that tv station. Tropes from what I can understand is what TV writers, actors & directors use to control the audiences outlook. Tropes are often used to show fiction, which helps us to not just focus on the reality in life, which is why people think badly about different tropes they have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment