Wednesday 1 May 2013

Artefact 4 Evaulation

Although I found my last artefact very interesting and beneficial to me for future career choice, I felt I had gone a little off track from my research question so decided to gather some qualitative data to understand peoples perceptions and attitude towards how local businesses have reacted to the opportunities of digital media. Having varied age groups allowed me to get a good insight on all beliefs of the matter from different generations.

My focus group consisted of 6 people 3, male, 3 female aged from 19 to 86. Had some questions to ask but the nature of the group led themselves to their own questions and answers. My conclusions from my findings were that the opinions were very mixed within ages, the young students both agreed that businesses need to keep up to date with digital media to be successful and that large businesses such as groupon and asos are solely based online are massive and this could be the way forward in the future. The middle aged mother and father explained how they used websites and social networking to look at small businesses and recommended it to friends by sharing on Facebook but they actually prefer to go into the shop and inquire about products when purchasing rather online.

I found it interesting how both participants from the aged 50+ had a tablet or smartphone which showed not only are businesses having to keep on trend with ever growing technology but so are the older generation. The participant whom had a tablet said she used it more for playing games and keeping in contact with family rather than browsing local businesses as she prefers to have a leaflet she can keep and use when needed, both agreed that some sites (not so much small local businesses but massive such as ASDA) have easy to use navigation and it's very beneficial to shop from home at time to time.

Moving onto artefact 5 I would like to try and tie it all together as a whole, artefact 1 showed businesses views on digital media, 2 was to the extent they used it. Artefact 3 was beneficial to me in which I looked into how a future career used digital media within the work force. 4 has given me a good insight on the consumers view of how businesses react to digital media. For artefact 5 I was thinking perhaps a mini case study or some sort of questionnaire on how customers actually use businesses resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment