Friday 25 March 2011

Digital Me - Moodboard

Today we created a moodboard to reflect our personal interests & describe our personal branding.

Personal Branding:
"is the process whereby people and their careers are marked as brands.It has been noted that while previous self-help management techniques were about self-improvement, the personal branding concept suggests instead that success comes from self-packaging. Further defined as the creation of an asset that pertains to a particular person or individual; this includes but is not limited to the body, clothing, appearance and knowledge contained within, leading to an indelible impression that is uniquely distinguishable. The term is thought to have been first used and discussed in a 1997 article by Tom Peters."

"Personal branding often involves the application of one's name to various products. For example, celebrity real-estate mogul Donald Trump uses his last name extensively on his buildings and on the products he endorses (e.g Trump Steaks)"

http://mashable.com/2009/02/05/personal-branding-101/

"Many people think that personal branding is just for celebrities such as Paris Hilton or Britney Spears, yet each and every one of us is a brand. Personal branding, by definition, is the process by which we market ourselves to others. As a brand, we can leverage the same strategies that make these celebrities or corporate brands appeal to others. We can build brand equity just like them."


This is my moodboard:


I created it on the IMGSPARK website, there is a colour theme of pink - hence being my favourite colour. I like "girly" things such as make up, shoes, my boyfriend. I feel this moodboard portrays me well as someone whom has never spoke to me could guess my personality from this. Doing this moodboard did give me ideas for my portfolio - such as themes I could use, what I want to include in the portfolio & how much I can put onto the portfolio to make it about me as much as possible. I also thought about font & although I love pink - keeping it black & professional will look better!

No comments:

Post a Comment