Wednesday 2 February 2011

Looking At Visual Essays..

Today i've been looking at visual essays from other students - which is my assignment 2.

Interactive Media Pathway: http://cdja.co.uk/web%20design/visual%20essay.htm

I like this one in which I will probably choose this pathway and they haven't stuck to powerpoint but done it in html which is what interative media will be doing. I like the layout & how the title "visual essay" on the homepage leads to introduction, conclusion etc. The colour theme is also kept the same throughout which looks proffesional. Videos and shots of websites are included on the website.

There were 2 virtual environment examples ( animation ) & although I have NO ITENTION whatsoever of doing this pathway I had a look at the way the essay had been designed.

One was a fairly simple basic powerpoint, I say simple it had a beasty 59 slide to read. I found it hard to understand the 3 practioners & to navigate it. Html layout looked a lot better.

My computer wouldn't let me open the other animation or film example so will do this when on uni computers.

I think I will do mine in a html layout & i'm 99% sure I will be choosing interactive media as my pathway. I'm dreading the essay a little as i'm much better at writing & expressing my opinion that way than through images & artists :( On the wrong course but not alot I can do about that now. Don't want to leave it all last minute dot com so will start on it very soooon

No comments:

Post a Comment