Friday 27 January 2012

Restuarant Re Design Task - Evaluation

For this project we were set the task to redesign a restaurant website consisting of 5 link pages & javascript.

I decided to redesign the Dunton Bassett Arms public house and chinese restaurant website. http://www.duntonbassettarms.co.uk/

The Dunton Bassett Arms website is very basic with a lack of creativity to make the customers warm to the restaurant. Text and photos are put anywhere on the page and the plain background doesn't go well with the font colours used.

My main ideas and intentions for this website redesign was to make it more slick, with a colour theme that suited both well to a pub and restaurant and to make it have more of a professional level.

The methods I use to develop my ideas were looking at other restaurant websites to gain ideas and inspiration. I created wireframes and all the development of the website can be seen on my blog.

I have added a logo to the site, only very basic but something to credit the pub/restuarant. I have kept the content the same although it could be changed to a more professional level instead of "Hi i'm Rob."

The colour scheme is black, white and red which compliments well with both the public house and chinese restaurant. I think the colours fit well for both male or female customers.

I want to do a scrolling website although thought it wasn't practical for a restaurant site - in which it needs to have basic navigation. I am hoping to do scrolling for my context 2 project.

I'd like to change the menu page, I used the same image as the original website so it has the same green colour scheme as that and looks really out of place on my site. The only reason for this is that there were so many items on the menu to re write a new list. I am critical of it & know personally the menu doesn't look great.

I added a calender to the contact page as I wanted to do a "book now" but this took me so long to try and figure out how to do & when I did finally do it none of the other links worked. It would look better if it has the "book now" on the site.

I have checked my website works in all internet pages eg firefox, internet explorer, safari & google chrome.

Areas for improvement , If I were to do this project again I would change or do differently: I think the background is slightly depressing being black so maybe change the colours & I think a font more suitable for a restaurant site could be used. It does look slightly boring in which it is just boxes but I'm hoping my context 2 project will allow me to be more diverse and explore into more options.

No comments:

Post a Comment